The CONSTITUTION of OHIO Destination ImagiNation REGION XIV
Membership in Ohio DI Region XIV is established by virtue of qualification as a member in good standing of the DI Association Inc, for the current academic year. Compliance to stated regulations of Destination ImagiNation Inc. is expected. Ohio DI Region XIV will not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, gender, age, national origin or handicap in the access to or treatment in its activities and programs.
ARTICLE I. NAME
The name of this shall be OHIO DI REGION XIV. This assembly shall be the official regional affiliate of the DI Association of Ohio, Inc.
ARTICLE II. PRINCIPAL OFFICE
The place of business shall be the address of the Regional Director. The initial place of business shall be: Dee Wells, XIV Treasurer, Edgewood City Schools, 300 N. Main Street, Trenton, Oh 45067
ARTICLE III. PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall be to provide a regional body which shall have the following functions:
1 . Publicize the DI program;
2. Provide encouragement and inservice to local memberships and other groups interested in participating in the DI program
3 . Plan, organize and carry out an annual Regional DI Tournament
4. Advise regional school districts in planning and conducting dress rehearsals, Instant Challenge Practices, and other DI - related events
5. Serve as liaison between bodies holding memberships and DI Association of Ohio, Inc.
6. Serve as the official body in recommending participation in the Ohio Destination ImagiNation State Tournament.
ARTICLE IV. MEMBERSHIP
The membership of OHIO DI REGION XIV shall consist of two classes of members: natural and institutional.
ARTICLE V. OHIO DI REGION XIV BOARD
The OHIO DI REGION XIV board shall consist of an Executive Board and a Governing Board.
Section A. Executive Board
1 .The Executive board make recommendations for changes in policy to the Ohio DI Region XIV Governing Board.
2. The Executive Board shall consist of the following offices: Regional Director, Secretary and Treasurer.
.....Their responsibilities shall be as follows:
- a. REGIONAL DIRECTOR
- The Regional Director shall preside at meetings of the OHIO DI REGION XIV Governing Board and shall perform go all duties of this office.
- b. SECRETARY
- The Secretary shall preside at meetings of the OHIO REGION XIV Governing Board in the absence of the Regional Director. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings of the Governing Board and shall maintain an up-to-date OHIO REGION XIV membership list.
- c. TREASURER
- The Treasurer shall maintain accounting procedures for all financial transactions of this board and report current financial status at each Governing Board meeting.
3 . The officers shall be elected for a one-year term commencing on July 1st by the
members of the Governing Board at the September meeting of OHIO DI REGION XIV.
The duties of the office are outlined in the OHIO DI REGION XIV Policies and Procedures.
4. In the event of an office being vacated during the course of the year, the office shall be appointed by the remaining members of the Executive Board.
5. Officers shall assume their duties at the organizational meeting.
6. Between meetings of the Governing Board, the Executive Board shall exercise power to bind the organization, subject to ratification by governing Board at its meeting.
7. The Executive Board may present a slate of officers for the following year to the Governing Board.
Section B. Governing Board
1 . The Governing Board shall be designated as the decision-making body of OHIO DI REGION XIV.
2. The Governing Board shall consist of school district representatives, Institutional members and all members of the Executive Board.
Section C. Policies and Procedures
The Governing Board shall adopt the Policies and Procedures.
Section D. Meetings
The OHIO REGION XIV Governing Board shall meet at least 5 times per year.
Section E. Voting
Decisions, including the election of officers, shall be made by a simple majority of the voting members of the Governing Board present. To constitute a quorum, two-thirds of the voting members must be present at the Governing Board meeting.
ARTICLE VI. COMMITTEES
Committees shall be appointed by the OHIO DI REGION XIV Governing Board.
ARTICLE VIII FISCAL YEAR
OHIO DI REGION XIV shall operate on a fiscal year beginning July 1 and ending June 30.
ARTICLE VIII. CHANGE TO CONSTITUTION AND POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Ohio DI REGION XIV Policies and Procedures, together with all decisions, shall prevail without formal amendment to the OHIO DI REGION XIV constitution
Section A. Constitution
OHIO DI REGION XIV Constitution may be changed by way of the following procedure:
Section b. Policies and Procedures
OHIO DI REGION XIV Policies and Procedures may be changed by way of the following procedure:
Return to REGION XIV HOME PAGE