REGION XIV POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1 . The Governing Board is the decision making body of OHIO DI REGION XIV.
(refer to Constitution of Ohio DI Region XIV)
2. The Governing Board shall consist of school district representatives (one district,
one vote), Natural members, Institutional members and all members of the Executive Board.
Membership shall consist of two classes of members: Natural and Institutional.
- Natural members shall be the Regional Director and one representative from each current
school district in good standing.
- Institutional members shall consist of additional current school district
representatives, schools, organizational or individual memberships that have paid current
- There shall be no limit on the number of Institutional members.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Ohio DI Region XIV policies and procedures shall conform to (and not conflict with) DI
Association of Ohio, Inc. and Destination ImagiNation Inc. policies and procedures.
Policies and procedures may be changed pursuant to ARTICLE VIII of OHIO DI REGION XIV
OHIO DI REGION XIV Governing Board shall meet at least five (5) times per year. An
organizational meeting shall be held in September of each year. A calendar of meetings and
deadlines for competition preparation will be established at this time. Meetings may be
called to resolve necessary business by the Regional Director during the year.
The Regional tournament shall be scheduled no less that 4 weeks prior to the scheduled
SCHEDULING AND SCORING FOR TEAMS FOR REGIONAL TOURNAMENT
- Shall be conducted by Region Director and at least one additional member of the
- Teams shall be selected at random and no team shall receive preferential treatment.
- Requests for specific tournament competition times may be considered.
TOURNAMENT COMPETITION FEES
Maximum amount for any team registration for Regional tournament shall be $40.00
REGIONAL TOURNAMENT EQUIPMENT
- An inventory of all equipment shall be maintained by Secretary
- Damaged equipment shall be repaired or replaced
- Purchase of new or replacement equipment shall be approved by the Governing Board
- Storage and transportation of equipment shall be approved by the Governing Board
ELIGIBILITY FOR STATE TOURNAMENT
Teams will be eligible for State competition only if they meet one of the following
- First Place winner at the Regional Competition
- Score of the first place and second place team are within one (1) point of each other.
- An appraising or scoring error was made in the team's score. This decision will be made
by the Regional Director after consulting with the appropriate Challenge Master
- Each team that will compete (or present) a Challenge solution at the Region tournament
shall provide at least one appraiser
- Each appraiser must attend an Appraiser's
Training Seminar, conducted
by Region XIV during the current competition year and be certified in order to qualify as
a scoring judge.
- An appraiser that does not attend an Appraiser's Seminar during the current competition
year shall be assigned a non-scoring judge position.
- The appraiser responsible for introducing and "beginning" each team's
challenge solution shall introduce each member (including non-performing members) and
prior to instructing team to "begin".
- Shall work within the framework of "when in doubt, do not penalize".
- Are subject to approval and / or dismissal by Regional Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF GOVERNING BOARD MEMBER (Natural and Institutional)
- Attend all OHIO DI REGION XIV Planning Committee meetings. In the event that the member
cannot attend a meeting the member shall:
- a. notify Region Director and
- b. send another representative from their jurisdiction
- Where appropriate, to serve as the liaison for their school district's coaches,
appraisers and community-at-large.
- Relay all information to managers, appraisers, and community-at-large.
- Complete and submit all forms and fees to appropriate person and place by the
- Actively participate in at least one committee and in one facet of the Tournament.
- Secure judges and familiarize them with their specific Challenge or Instant Challenges
problem/procedures prior to the OHIO DI REGION XIV Judges' Training Seminar.
- Actively participate in ARTICLE III. PURPOSE numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the CONSTITUTION
OF OHIO DI REGION XIV
Return to REGION XIV HOME PAGE